Wednesday, February 27, 2008

First post

The first post and a short explanation of why I'm doing this. Like every major step in your life it starts with a dream. This is the birth of the dream and as time goes by it will be a chronicle. A travelogue, literally, of my life.

I'm 45 years old. Single. Two daughters, one grown and on her own and another 14 years old. I've been thinking a lot lately about what I'm going to do the rest of my life. I have a long time to go here and really can't see myself staying in one place and languishing it away. I've always loved to travel and want to see everything there is to see out there - especially while I can enjoy it. While I'm young and healthy.

The question was how to do this and still work to support myself. I'm a medical transcriptionist and I work from home. As long as I have an Internet connection I can work. Okay, next step. If "home" can travel then I can travel. Simple really. Get an RV, put a satellite dish on it and hit the road.

So that's where I am. I don't see myself actually hitting the road for a few years. I have to get the 14 year old grown up a bit more but once she is in good shape I can put the plan in motion. The blog for now will chronicle the preparation and from there I hope it turns into a true travelogue. I have no clue how long it will go on. Hopefully until I see everything there is to see then go back and revisit the places I liked. In my old age I'll settle down in my favorite place.

2 comments:

  1. You've got the right thinking, Kevin! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay belive it or not now I want to live in an RV park, simple life I love it. Ted and I will be by for a visit soon! See ya Friday night "in town" Love Dawn

    ReplyDelete