Monday, January 23, 2012

Camping in the backyard

Remember when you were a kid. You got your tent and camped out in the backyard. That was essentially what we did this weekend. Silver River State Park is about 1/2 mile as the crow flies from my house. I have been there countless times on my bike to ride the trails or paddle up the Silver River to Silver Springs.   Here's the link to the park ; it's quite a place.



Over the last four years I've been riding through the campground of the park. Occasionally I'd find an Airstream, most of the time not. I always said to myself that one day I'd bring my Airstream here and camp for the night. At $24.00 a night we decided to forego a meal out and use the money for a night's rent. We cooked up some sausage, peppers and onions and just had a quiet afternoon and evening.

The whole country is experiencing snow or cold weather except for here where it's 72 degrees in the afternoon and in the 50s at night. I follow a blog called "chasing 72 degrees" and we've made that our plan for the future. This time we didn't have to chase at all. It found us.

No comments:

Post a Comment