Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gone to the dogs

Ya know, for a travel blog there hasn't been much travelling going on.  Well, that's about to change - in a few weeks.  I haven't mentioned much about my other job but I started a part-time business a while back photographing pets in front of a green screen.  It's mobile which is a good business model for someone who is on the move.  It thrives in any environment where there are a lot of dogs and a lot of owners who want pictures of their dogs - and a few bucks in their pocket (plastic gladly accepted as well).  I supply a professional print right on the spot with a choice of background (I have about 1,000 digital backgrounds) all for 10 bucks.

So, travel stories -  you're gunna get 'em.  On the 15th I'll be heading to Blue Springs State Park in DeLand, Florida to work the West Volusia Kennel Club dog show.  It's the following weekend but I'm going to go early and work my transcription job at the state park then be just down the street for the big show.  There will be 1,400 dogs entered and about 600 or so spectator dogs milling about.  I'm exercising my shutter release finger as we speak.   Two weeks later LuLu will take a ride to Lake City, FL for a show there.  We'll be staying gratis at the fair grounds for that one as the vendors get free RV parking as close to their booths as possible.  No hook ups there but that's not a problem for LuLu.  Margo's bank job is going to keep her in Ocala so these will be solo trips.  I promise to report everything that goes on.

Now, until all that happens we 're parked at our good friend Nancy's house.  Margo's been house sitting here as a part of our transition and Nancy kindly let us park LuLu in the driveway for a few weeks.  Thanks Nancy.

Nancy's driveway

So stay tuned as we get rolling.  I'm really looking forward to staying at Blue Springs and can't wait to tell you all about it.  LuLu is chomping at the bit as well.

Till then.

1 comment:

  1. Kevin - sounds like you really got it going on! Good job with making your dream come true, you will be on the road in no time as a "full-timer" Dawn

    ReplyDelete