Saturday, September 14, 2013

Bicycle, Bicycle......

…..I want to ride my bicycle.  I want to ride my bike. I want to ride my bicycle.  I want to ride it where I like…..

Remember the rock group Queen?  Freddie Mercury.  What a voice.  They had a playful song called “Bicycle Race.”  It was on their “Jazz” album which did not contain any jazz per se but did contain a good collection of 70's rock.  If you’re my age I’m sure you’ve heard the song.  For you whippersnappers here’s a link to YouTube, "Bicycle Race."

IMGP6058This Saturday morning the sun hadn’t quite made it above the horizon and I was wide awake because our two dogs have no concept of what a weekend is.  I was listening to the I-Pod on scramble or snafu or shuffle, whatever it’s called, and the song came up.  I thought, yeah.  That’s a great idea.  So I did. IMGP6059

Nashville has a fantastic Greenway with over 190 miles of bike trails in Davidson County, 50 of it paved.  You can get on your bike near the Grand Ole Opry and ride all the way into downtown if you want to, most of it along the Cumberland River.  I decided to start my ride near the J. Percy Priest Dam (the same one LuLu drove over in the last post) and rode toward town.  It was actually quite busy.  Everyone was taking advantage of the cool morning, in the 60s.  I had a sweatshirt on to keep comfortable.  Margo had opted out and until I warmed up I thought that she probably had the right idea but after a while it was perfect.

IMGP6069 IMGP6063 IMGP6065 IMGP6071 IMGP6077 IMGP6088

The pictures don’t do it justice but there are plenty of hills, some quite steep, so it was a good workout.  Oh, and to a certain blog-reading, mountain bike riding Dalton Georgia gas company supervisor; I didn't wimp out and stay on the pavement.  I rode plenty of gravel -  and stayed upright.  How's that arm healin' there sport.....

So everybody, get out there and ride your bike and ride it where you like.

4 comments:

  1. Only dads say "Sport". Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured you and Katie would remember the song too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks amazing and the weather was great for the ride. I would have loved to do that with you.

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Kevin!!!

    ReplyDelete