Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Virginia is for Lovers

Hey folks,

It's been quiet around here of late at the blog.  No travel updates, innovative inventions, words of wisdom or words at all for that matter.  Why is that?  It's because Old Man Winter has broken us.  Yes, he's sucked all the life out of our existence.  Okay...  way too dramatic but come on now.  Since 1969 the Virgina Tourism Board has been saying "Virginia is for Lovers."  Yeah, you better have someone to help keep you warm around here.....




The road directly in front of our site.


My mother has always had a propencity to bring bad weather with her whenever she travels to visit relatives.  I recall a trip to New Hampshire when I was 4 or 5.  We ended up getting snowed in for 2 weeks. There have been a few hurricanes that have altered their paths over the years to track her down as well. I do think she passed that trait on to me. 

That's the reason why wherever we've ended up this winter the local news guy proclaims new record lows.  Record snowfall.  "It hasn't been this bad since that storm back in the 70s." And the company has kept me in the southeast.  It's a good thing they didn't send me north.  We'd have an ice age on our hands.  

I'm not losing hope though. Spring will be here in due course.  We've actually been teased by it of late so I'm keeping the faith.  Last week we took a drive over to the Jamestown settlement and took in the scenes on the coast. Great views, the smell of salt air and not a single skeeter.  I guess you could love it here now that I think about it.

I'll leave you with evidence that at least the large bodies of water around here are actually still of a liquid state.......

The James River ferry.


 
It hasn't changed since Capt. John Smith saw it back in the 1600s



1 comment:

  1. Kevin, its been cold here too - only in the mid-70's over the weekend. It was almost too cold to wash the cars and boat. Thought about turning on the fireplace when it dipped down into the 60's. Keep Warm. Ron Slonaker

    ReplyDelete