Thursday, September 4, 2014

East Bound and Down



Hey Folks,

First an apology.  This is just going to be a little blurb of a post to let everyone know that we’re on the move and where we’ll be heading.  I know – you’re expecting another witty treatise, if you will, of story telling goodness.  Like I said, sorry.  After all, the blog is mainly our forum for keeping up with family and friends as neither of us can text very well.

Sadly all good things must end.  The Salt Lake job is coming to a close for the year.  We knew it and accepted it but it sure came up fast.  Margo and I really enjoyed our time here.  The working conditions have been outstanding.  It's always a little different with every client but the gas company here is fantastic.  Free time found us at the farmer’s market, a visit from my daughter Jenna, forays to the genealogy center where Margo found her roots, coffee shops extraordinaire, and trips up into the mountains to name a few.  The places we’ve seen have been as uplifting as the people we’ve met.  People that we’ll be keeping in touch with no matter where our travels take us.  

Site 656  Salt Lake KOA

The Salt Lake Valley


Jenna looking for service atop "2G Rock"

So where are we off to?  I guess if you read the title you have a clue.  We’ll be leaving Saturday (9/6/14) for Smithville, Tennessee.  It’s a little place about 70 miles southeast of Nashville, 1692 miles from SLC according to Google.  As you know, we came out to SLC from Virginia along the lower tier (I-40).  This time we plan to take I-80 across the northern tier and take in Wyoming, Nebraska, and the other states along the way (I don’t have the map in front of me but there are other states I think….)  

buzz-bru in Brigham City 

KOA Kat Slick (named after "SLC" by Margo)


KOA Kat Gracie (Slick's kitten - we think...get it ?  Gracie Slick?)
                                                 
I became a grandpa while here :-)

It's going to be nice to get back east, closer to my first grandchild, Anna Kate, whom we haven't seen yet.  We’ll take a bunch of pics along the way and after we get settled in we’ll post ‘em up and get back to some solid entertainment.

Hmmm……  I guess I did run a little long after all.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you'll be (a lot) closer to Florida! Maybe Ron & I can plan a trip to come visit you in Tennessee again later this fall. Have a safe & fun trip back east.

    ReplyDelete