Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ice Ice Baby

Hello everyone.  Margo here.

I have a homework assignment for everybody. Mark off 188 sq. ft. in your house.  Seal yourself in with your significant other and two, somewhat stinky, old dogs for 3 or 4 days.  Throw in an epic ice storm, a good amount of snow, say 2 or 3 inches, and for good measure, sub-zero temperatures. How well do you think you would fare? 



Here's how we managed to do it....with a little help from my friends, The Captain and Jack Daniels, some chocolate (straight up or in cookie form) and for the lightweight of the household, beer.  And, the gun?  Well, apparently, unbeknownst to me, Kevin got nervous after day 3 and hid the bullets.  All kidding aside, we haven't really been drinking that much alcohol but those cookies are disappearing fast!

Gotta make more cookies
 
Talk about bad luck!  Winter 2014 found us here in Nashville suffering through the "Polar Vortex" and this past Sunday, we experienced an ice storm the likes of which have not been seen here in 20 years.  Record breaking sub-zero temps are expected for Thursday morning and 2 inches more of snowfall is forecast tonight.  Is it called a Winter Wonderland because we keep "wondering" what's coming next?

Even though Kevin has not been able to survey due to the weather, he has been busy taking the usual cold weather precautions for LuLu that we posted about last year in the blog here.  I'm keeping busy with cooking up some nice, hot "comfort foods" like soups and casseroles and a pot of coffee or some homemade hot chocolate is usually in the works, too.  I'm still sorting through old pictures to scan and digitize, my daughter's art masterpieces of her childhood and other precious momentos that need to be otherwise preserved.  I also have another Swedish embroidery afghan project ongoing-#3.  All activities well suited for indoors.

The view from the kitchen window

Because of the amount of ice and snow, Kevin will probably be "trailer-bound" with me and our dogs, Shiloh and Pepper for the next few days.  With it being so cold, we can put on some warm socks or crank up the thermostat to warm the air inside LuLu, but the floor stays a bit too chilly for these ol' boys to comfortably sleep on. We solved this problem by putting a throw sized electric blanket down for them and they sleep away all warm and toasty. Brilliant!  (Hint-Hint, fellow RV'ers---only $19.99 at Walmart)




For our friends who are suffering through this winter weather along with us, hang in there-Spring is only 31 days away.  And to our friends and family in warmer climes from California to Florida---

                                           WE WISH WE WERE THERE!


In-Joy,
Margo
 

4 comments:

  1. Omg I was cracking up at that opening paragraph hahahahaha now I know who I get my lightweight-ness from ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I was cracking up at that opening paragraph hahahahaha now I know who I get my lightweight-ness from ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah and that's 3 days worth......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I found your blog; I absolutely love your writing style! Keep warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete